A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Monday, March 7, 2011

Diversity



February has flown right past me. I look behind and wonder just how that happened. There was a whole lot of shoveling in February...and January was big in that department also. Today is a March mix of freezing rain, sleet and now snow. A great day to spend in my flannels with some inspiring movies, my sewing machine and new drawings to try out from the wee hours of the morning.


Today is a definite fabric day... but it's not always like that. You see, I've had a long love affair with painting, sculpting and drawing too; well, for as long as I can remember. The problem is that to make a living, I've had to try to stay with the fabric side of things...but as you've seen over the past year... I just could not stay in one place and I felt a need to pick up the clay again. Oh how I've missed it! There are newer clays and techniques than that of my humble beginnings. After learning how to sew and problem solve in that arena, I can now clothe my wee sculpted folk.

My problem is that I love to draw, paint, sew and sculpt and I just can't settle into one thing. It's kind of like getting your hair cut...you grow your hair out long, only to get it cut short. Cut it short and afterwards, you have long hair in mind again.


I always felt that I had to stick with one media and do it well; not jump around. It wasn't until my brother pointed out that to him, he was impressed at my mastery of different media. My diversity means that I have much more to share. I never thought of it that way!


This March day is bringing a madness of it's own.. rain,sleet and more snow. My sewing machine awaits; and also my clay. I don't feel tied down this way....I am thirsty for more. Tomorrow may be a pen and ink day and that's fine too.It's just the way I roll.


  

1 comment:

Loafer Mountain Primitives said...

Sounds so much like myself... I too, find myself pulled and wanting to learn and do more...
I think creativity is a molecule in my DNA.
Tisha