Trudy, of Crows in the Attic, has tagged me to reveal 5 things about myself and tag just as many friends for the same~ hmmm.. lets give it a whirl!
- I love anything Nightmare Before Christmas.
- I was scouted in High School by RIT to be a medical artist....but I didn't want to draw dead things!
- I was scouted at the Lake Placid School of Art by an Art School in Tennessee, to go on with my art education and then to the Hallmark Co. I had moved so many times when I was younger that I wanted to stay near home.
- I worked and paid my own way through 3 years of college.
- I originally wanted to go to school and learn "claymation.
And now you know a wee bit more about me! Education is very important to me, enough that if my parents could not afford to send me, I would work hard and go as far as I could. As with any gift, school does not change it, it gives you support and knowledge with your materials and techniques. I'm thankful in looking back~ there are so many things that I learned and still use and share with fellow artists today. If you have the resources near you, take a class! You will be amazed at what is inside you, and if you step out of your media, you have the chance of discovering a hidden talent or a new passion. Art Rocks!
Ok... lets see if I can come up with 5 or nearly that many fellow blogging friends that haven't been already asked~
- Cassie ~ from Mockingbird Hill, and a girl after my own heart when it comes to Rick Springfield!)
- Kat ~ from Scardey Katerpillars No More. Amazing strength inside and out.
- Susan ~ from Miss Maddies (oh I just love learning about people and her passion for all things OLDE!)
- Carole ~from Carole's Country store. Such treasures on her blog and in her store!
- Sandra Evertson ~ I love her work, it's so darned inspiring.