A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Changes Again....


For at least right now, the Hags Mag is closed. So many of the artists had so much ahead with shows and full lives, that it was difficult to get enough together. I admit, I have been fast at work too. I love every bit of Fall and all that it has to offer, so it is sad for me. You see, as I waited those 11 hours that Bailey was in surgery, I kept positive thoughts and prayers and let my drawings take me deep within. Pattern designs are just a small part of the artist within me and there was a part of me that also wanted to explore more one of a kind pieces.
I had shared these thoughts with a friend and fellow artist in July. Soon after, Ye Old Hags Haunt Magazine was born. Perfect...just as the drawing I had done for this crow back during that long day in March. I wanted to share her with you. She is from a favorite book of mine, The Witch of Blackbird Pond, by Elizabeth George Speare. If you have never read it before, please do! It is about a young woman who leaves her home in the Caribbean and must take on the Puritan ways of her Aunt's family in Connecticut.
This is my spin on Kit. She has a chemise, underskirt and pantaloons that cover the wire crows feet for which I am known. I love the English bodice. A blend of many things that hold my heart dear. She is dressed in black, to signify an upper class Puritan family. Puritan or Witch?
For now, she will reside with me...I have the perfect doll house that stands empty upstairs at the Comfort Cottage. I will have to share a picture of her in this little home........

2 comments:

Mockingbird Hill said...

Each piece more wondeful than the last...your standard, my dear!

Cassie

Sandra Evertson said...

This is Wonderful!
Sandra Evertson