A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happiness is......



....a brand new ream of ledger paper! I go through a couple every year for all my rough sketches. A new ream holds so much promise ahead. Visions, inspirations and studies. I used to be uncomfortable and unsure of exactly where I stood art wise. I love the craftsmanship of the Victorian area, such intricate details in in their homes, dress and lifestyles. I also love the simplicity of Early and Colonial America. As I draw and design both influence me. In it all whimsy takes hold of my hand and comes through more often than not. I have to work and study at the extremes. Pull apart the elements and techniques . I enjoy it and it is far more the challenge. I'm comfortable now in both places and enjoy celebrating them both. I'm beginning to do more formal drawings and designs again and am balancing it all. I am a mix of fine things and simple, whimsy and serious. Perhaps both times were a deep part of my soul and it is in this time that I can share.

4 comments:

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Now this pumpkin mistress has great potential.Because she's so regal you could make her head from velvet or wool or the skies the limit!And the brooch at the neckline, I love it.Never mind dancing you've strided into a full waltz.I can hear the music all the way to my house. Susan

Kat said...

Stacey...
I love it all!!!! I just go to a place when I see your work where....I "feel" at home among friends. thanks for the dream!
I am so happy for your new adventures, I love learning from you & all of the other masters!!!!or shall I say Mistresses?
Hugs...Scaredy Kat

Mockingbird Hill said...

First, love the new banner picture! Love. It. Next..let's just throw something different into the mix...looking at this wonderful pumpkin mistress I'm thinking PAPER! Notecards, notepads, wrapping paper...?

Cassie

Sandra Evertson said...

I Love this sketch! He is Fantastic, the pattern maker is a Magic maker!
Sandra Evertson