A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Friday, August 26, 2011

Trying New Things...And Loving It!


It's no surprise that I love to draw. I draw nearly every day in some form. I just never had the itch to take my drawings beyond, leaving that part to others. Perhaps it is just because I had no clue where to even begin! After much thought and with more than one deep breath, I jumped in the paper world yesterday....and I loved it.

It was way too damp to have everything go smoothly and I will tell you that dying crepe paper and tissue paper can be difficult. Tuesday had renegade pieces floating down the streets of Schenectady.....But even with the newbie bumps along the way, I had a great time and I am making a kit for the top Pumpkin Gal for next week....the lovely one in a crepe paper dress will come along, a few issues to correct, but I now have more inspiration and less resistance to this art form and I can see some fun things in the works. Oh yes, like I needed another media to captivate me!


You can see both girls at American Holiday Artists Studio Marketplace this month along with other pieces of fancy from my colleagues.

3 comments:

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Oh My!!!! I love her!!! she is wonderful!!! OLM

The Cinnamon Stick said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE STACY!! I have been "playing" with paper for awhile now and having so much fun. (yesterday I dyed paper shred - it was bright orange and I needed to tone it down so into the coffee it went - squeezed it out - tousled it and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds - touseled some more and another 15 second...perfect!!) My "Afterlife Fairies" have a crepe paper skirt...hmmmmm wonder if I could grunge them up - never thought of trying!!!
Have a nice weekend!!! XO, Judy

The Rustic Victorian said...

Hi Stacey,
I am gald you did ok with Irene, we need a bad weather break in this country, it has been quite a year.
I love your new direction! She is wonderful,,you "should" keep drawing, and having fun with it!
Love
Marcie