A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Love Connection



Our art is most certainly a journey and such a labor of love. We put ourselves and our heart out in a most public way and you see our visions. I am not sure how I am going to part with these two ladies when they are adopted. I have had the same thought for many of my friends, but these two show my journey, not just in the friend I have chosen, but the construction for which I have no training for. I cannot follow a clothing pattern if my life depended on it. I have found that with much patience, I can construct these small dresses and surprise myself in the process. My key has actually been the show, Project Runway. So many of my colleagues were talking about it and I thought to myself that I am no fashionista...heck, I don't think I own a shirt without coffee or paint on it somewhere. I decided to see just what my friends were talking about and I must say I am hooked. I love watching these designers as they manipulate fabric on mannequins and the enjoyment of working in a group studio. It has given me the inspiration to work on my own little models and work the vision.




Enjoy a cup of something hot and browse my fellow artists and I on TDIPT Mercantile where it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas~

No comments: