A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Thursday, October 16, 2008

Madre Stagione

Madre Stagione is the Mother of the Seasons. She is as old as time itself . Madre Stagione carries the whispers of the winds that bring each season, within her feathers. She walks carrying her all knowing Spirit Stick.

Madre is my artful journey offering this month on TDIPT. She is more a fantasy piece and as her spirit took hold, she changed a bit from her sketch . When completed, she looked like something out of the movie, Dark Crystal. I haven't seen the movie in ages, but how fun to see that influences can spring forth while we are so unaware in creating our art. So much of my art through High School and Art School was embracing the wee folk of fairies, gnomes, dragons and mermaids. Madre was a project whose emphasis was on the feathered wing work more than anything. She clearly went beyond a study as her Spirit whispered to me and I listened with my hands. She taught me more than I expected to learn.

2 comments:

Ann said...

She is wonderful and yes I am totally reminded on the Dark Crystal.

Finally someone else who remembers that movie.

Cordwood Cabin said...

She's beautiful...I love her twisty gazing-ball staff and the wise old expression on her face.