A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Thursday, September 11, 2008

Silence, Prayer and Remembrance

It is a day for all of us to reflect and never to forget. All of us remember what we were doing when our world stopped. I do not know who to give thank for this wonderful piece of artwork, so if anyone does know I would be grateful to give credit.


I would like to take a moment and give thanks to all who served their country so well and gave so unselfishly during this time.
  • To my little brother Steve who was serving Air Force 2, I'm glad that I was able to be with you in the days following. We all grew up a little more, and I am so very proud of you for ALL of your service.
  • To my cousin , Brett. We did not know until many weeks later how you took it upon yourself to make your way to Ground Zero and look for survivors. You gave, so unselfishly. I know that you now have respiratory problems as many others do. I pray that others such as yourself can receive the care that they need so badly and insurance companies come through for all of you.
  • To my other family members that served alongside their brothers in the Fire Department and National Guard. We are ever thankful.

These men and women are but such a tiny part of the many that served and continue to serve. They are all the heartbeat of our country. I ask that all of you take a moment to say a prayer for all of those that lost their lives seven years ago, and for the men and women that continue to serve our country, military or not and keep us safe.

1 comment:

Mockingbird Hill said...

This is a day for everone to remember, no matter how difficult. I hope those of yours that served will know how appreciated they all are...even if it is not said often enough.

Cassie