A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A peek of sorts~~~

I'm presently entering the world of licensing. There are many pros and cons as with anything and I looked at how it worked and those that do it. I took their feedback with me as I made my decision. I have much to learn in this area and given time I know I will have ups and downs. It gives many people a chance to own one of my designs. I hope that it speaks to their heart. It is a humbling thought to think that my work can touch so many~ perhaps with a smile or a memory.

I am presently designing notepads. It is an opportunity to put aside the world of dolls and patterns for a wee bit, and enjoy my first love, drawing. I can't share the work with you just yet. Very soon it will be sent back to the company They have a group that will pick and choose what they think best represents their company and what they think will sell the best. Generally, there are a few things that just don't cut it.

In the meantime, I thought I would put up a picture from a couple years back. It is painted tin. The notepads will be ink and watercolor, and the subject matter is a clue. I love the study of Puritan Graven Art from the 1700's and 1800's. I have always been fascinated with old grave yards. I just love the sight of an early cemetery with tilted stones and wrought iron fences. They are best on what I call a "Sleepy Hollow" day. A day of milky skies and skeletal trees that have lost their leaves til Spring. I love the epitaphs. So many stones of this time period tell the story of what happened. Some are funny, some are serious, some bring a tear; but all touch us some two to three hundred years later. It makes me wonder if perhaps my work could stand the test of time?

No comments: