A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Works of Heart


I saw this lovely Lily of the Valley heart idea on Pinterest last year, but time escaped me and I didn't follow through. As my Lilies opened this year, I was determined. It's not that it took a long time to do ~ in a few minutes, it was complete...it's just tearing myself away from what I am working on.
Sound familiar?


Art is truly a wonderful journey of self exploration. while there is really no concept that hasn't been done, it is how we choose to put our personal stamp on it. With me lately, it is not just about  making a mouse or sculpting a piece, it becomes a bigger picture. I love the play of texture and form...I love a range of whites. I am drawn to areas that that have been painted and how, in time, the wood shows it's grain...it's voice.


Of course, those that really know me, know that there always has to be humor! Nothing like a photo bomb, right?

Create what tugs at your heart, you will never go wrong. Time will put a stamp on what you do and with time, you and others will see what is clearly you. No matter where concepts, or heartstrings lead trust that your style, your heart will come through.


4 comments:

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

The mice are just too cute.
Just picked some lily of the valley this morning to share their lingering scent at my bedside.
I ordered that CD you're playing... I find it haunting... must be my Irish ancestors speaking to me.
Susan x

Stacey said...

I just love it too Susan~ I find that I am not ready to change the music , because I love having it play as I work. Hugs to you! We need to catch up!

Stacey

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

no truer words were spoken my friend ~

Corinne said...

Dearest Stacy, lovely thoughts and insightful words. Creativity is personal but surely inspired by those who share their gift. Have a wonderful day.