A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dancing With Bifocals

It's official. I've joined the ranks. A couple of years ago , I bought "cheater" glasses because I couldn't hold the small print past the length of my arm. Lately, I began having problems with the cheater glasses and off to the eye Doctor. I went. He laid it on the line for me... my eyes were getting worse. The astigmatism of my youth was still there and the cheaters were ruining my eyes. For the past 3 weeks, I have been trying not to use them, making computer work and sewing difficult.

Yesterday was my first full day with the new bifocals. I must say, it is an interesting dance. By last night, I was seasick. Going downstairs to do laundry resulted in a death grip on the handrail and toe taps to ensure each step was really where I thought it was. At times it was an odd, "I Love Lucy" show, but when it came to sewing on the machine and reading a book....it was heaven. I wanted to raise my hands and shout in glee~ "I can see! I can see!" It's going to take me time to fully get the hang of them. I'm sure that I will provide entertainment. It's a kind of "Right of Passage" to the 40 and over crowd. Recently as I was talking to the brother that is just a year younger than me. I found out that he has them already.... nanner, nanner, nanner on him! Sometimes it's the little things that make your day just a bit brighter.

3 comments:

Finegan Antiques said...

When I finally broke down and got contacts, not glasses cause I have been wearing them since I was 9 years old, I could acturally tell the spot in the sky was a bird. What a joy it was to see the world clearly!
Here's to seeing things as they were meant to be seen.

Donna

Sue said...

This will be coming up for me - not using cheaters, but either my arms are shrinking or my eyes are getting worse.

Good luck to you on adjusting to them quickly.

Sue

kat449 said...

TOO funny...I have been wearing my new bi-yocals..LOL since this past Feb ...I still highstep the stairs, am dangerous near any kind of curbs...but the beauty for the whole new world that opened up for me....
Youll get comfortable with them soon...Im so glad your life will be much easier...LOVE the new pieces...love you too. ♥