A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Friday, May 1, 2009

Full Speed Ahead !


Just where does the time go these days? It seems like it was just a few days ago when I made my last post. In the days since, my father has been back to the hospital, started rehab and is back in the hospital once again. I feel badly for him, he just can't seem to get ahead. I'm here holding down the fort, and find that the little blocks of time when I can work on new designs, treasured times. My art helps to balance my crazy life right now. I try to get to my emails every day and at least get my orders. Thankfully, Tim has been helping with them on weekends when he is here. It is a time for our family right now. I do try to post a little something on Twitter at least once a day and let you know what I'm doing creatively during those early hours in the morning before the Aides get here or the phone starts ringing.



Above are my Poppyseeds offerings. I had a great time with both. I love the simple sweetness of the Early Homestead Crow and Delores.... well, what can you say about her? She's a blend of my Gram and Aunt Julia and has Jessie's outlook on life with those wonderful "Delores" glasses. Even on the busiest of days, I do make time to feed my soul and let my heart smile. Busy with the important things in life is truly goode.

2 comments:

Blackstone Cottage said...

Hi Stacey, I'm glad you are findings ways to cope. Your life is complicated now but enjoy the hubbub, it gets still much to fast. I LOVE the homestead crow! pattern soon? Keep smiling, love T

Ed Angleton said...

Hey Stacey...I just ran across your patterns on etsy. I have been making art for many years but think I am a frustrated doll maker. I love fiber and I love what you are doing. I will be a customer soon. I have a blog too...when things settle down for you check out my dolls on www.jennyelkins.blogspot.com skip down a few posts as I was venting. Take care of yourself! jenny