A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm On The Watch


It's almost time. I'm loving our little wood stove and all the memories it brings. There is nothing better than the smell of woodsmoke and the tickle of snowflakes on your nose as you step outside. It's snowing lightly now and there is more due tomorrow. The tree is up, most packages are wrapped and the hot chocolate is never far away. Tomorrow is the last day for school and then havoc will abound. We will all scatter a bit for a few days, as there is still a bit of shopping and a play to catch. With Tim, I have my own personal Santa. He keeps little ones in wonder as we shop. He loves to see the faces on children as they point and whisper to their parents. One wink can bring the most beautiful smile from a child.
The girls are older now but they keep belief in their hearts. They keep the magic alive, especially for their younger cousins. I like catching them at it and reminding them to keep the magic always, not just for the wee ones. The Holidays have been simplified for quite a few years here. We cherish family and each other as we remember those who are not with us any longer. We keep close family that won't be able to be here as they live too far away. A group phone call always helps. We will all be gathering with family and friends throughout the days ahead; knowing that no matter what is happening in the world, the gift of each other is the best gift of all.

1 comment:

Baggaraggs: said...

Stacey, I agree with you, family is the best present. your home sounds idyllic. Lovely and cozy. This year the Peace of Christ is in my heart although my home is a big discombobbluated mess. We had a flood and will have to replace a carpet pad. Thank God that is really all. I love your writing and your work. Hope you have a Magical holiday. Love to you, Robin