A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Jiggy and Cheers!

I grew up living with my Grandparent's between military bases. It was a quite a full house! A very Italian and loving home as I grew up. My Granma, Doris, was the glue of the family and Granpa Jiggy, the biggest kid. So many memories stay with my heart and I miss both of them so dearly. February 16th was Jiggy's Birthday along with my brother, Kevin. Jiggy would have been 94 and Kevin would not be happy if I shared his age (I don't know why, he's younger than me!) Both Grandparents are gone now, but have lived on and inspired my work. Jiggy is of course, St. Jig's and reflects the skinny Italian with a big nose! Doris and Gertie patterns celebrate my Grandmother. The arts are all about being inspired by what touches your life and your heart. Life is truly good , and even if it can't be as simple as I'd like at times. I lay the groundwork, do what I can and try my best to pay it all forward. I am blessed to be able to share my heart and inspirations with all of you!

3 comments:

Trudy Honeycutt ~ Folk Artist said...

Happy Birthday wishes, and sweet memories of days gone by!! Hugs, Trudy

tattered 'n torn prims said...

Your love for them shows in your work!! What a wonderful way to honor them!! He (Jigs) must have been quite a character!! LOL!! Thanks for sharing your inspirations!!
Stacey

kat449 said...

OOOHHHH you so were talking pregnant w/ ideas!!!!!!!!whew!

I am not surprized... only happy that youre taking this bull by the horns w/ this awesome new magazine!!!! I love watching your little light shine, and thank you for inviting me to allow "your light" to shine on me!
This is truley "grace" in its finest moments as we both begin & embrace new journeys. Rock on my sistah! hugs, Kat Woman