A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Simmering Soup and Sipping Tea

Anneliese

January is always exciting for me.
The Holidays wind down...
we rest up
and I pull out my notes
 from the year and start 
jotting down things
and 
making a basic plan.


A wink and a nod to an earlier time.

Early Work Mercantile
and EHAG
give me the ability
to create monthly offerings.

The Maker
and Artist
in me
knows that this 
keeps creativity rolling...

People have not been a comfortable subject for me...
I am more at home with bird and animal faces.


Bewitching Peddlers
gives me the 
opportunity
to create on
the level
that I have yearned for.

Whimsy is a good area to start the step...
but I wanted a little more realism.

In it all...
an outline
keeps everything
running well...


I am pleased with this group of ladies,
I have this thing about black hearts...

January
gives me the time
to create a workflow
and
a chance to 
see all of my notes and ideas
laid out.

Inspired by Mourning Art

I always 
make a challenge 
for myself...
I push myself 
to look at areas that my work 
needs to grow
as well as where I want it to go.



While
January brings 
bitter winds and snow,
I look forward
to cozy days
with a pot of soup simmering
and sipping
peppermint tea...
and as you can see,
I was 
excited 
to start creating
and challenging 
myself.




6 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

You have piqued my curiosity.... Bewitching Peddlers??? I have not head of that...will need to do some research.. I love how you are3 always reaching beyond your “zone”...you have such an amazing imagination and vision...not to mention talent and gift. Happy 2019... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

The Hermits said...

I like that winter makes me slow down and listen. Love your portrait sculpture ladies!

susan hemann said...

your ladies of the black heart are beautiful, I love funerary art and jewelry,
the first doll is sweet, very petite

Marilee said...

I love everything you do and today is the first time I actually turned on the sound for your blog. What have I been missing. What is this delightful music that starts out with the sound of rain? It must be Irish or Rocky Mountain picking and fiddling.

Stacey said...

Thank you, everyone, for stopping by~
The music is by The Goddard Sisters. Look them up! they are wonderful! Thank you for following my postings again. It is my wish to be more frequent and more peeks!

Stacey

Marilee said...

Thanks, Stacey. I will look them up. Love their sound.
Marilee