A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Thursday, August 18, 2016

It's The Little Things

Ruth's Shoe
I love little things~
When I first started sculpting,
 it was miniatures that captured my heart.

I had a whole series of white mice, named after cheeses.
Fairies, Gnomes, mushrooms and mice were my favorite subjects...

It does explain the love affair with my mice 
40 years later.

Pip ~ She is always a cutie!

As Early Work Mercantile opened,
I was still in a fuss.
It has been extremely muggy and rainy~
making things take
days to dry...

My wee friends made it though~
 and in a flash were adopted.
Nellie...She carries a ditty bag of Sweet Annie.
my favorite...
As they get ready for their 
journeys home,
It is the little things that make my heart smile...

Marty~~~ Such a hoot!

There is a wee little girl here most days
that Grampa cares for and adores...

Two wee doggies that are happy
to help Grampa
with anything
 Miss Mackenzie may need...

and in my work...
well...
 as you can see,
 I am enjoying  a little research
 and
tiny, time period shoes
have captured my heart for now.








5 comments:

By Way of Salem said...

You're amazing. You're work is just...well SPLENDID! That's the best word to describe what you create. Each one of your creations transports you to another time. I just love them!!! And that shoe? OMG I'm in love!

Patti said...

Oh how I love that little shoe!!!
Blessings, Patti

celkalee said...

As always Stacy, your work is amazing. Your attention to detail and use of color and texture define an artist in the most true sense. Thank you for sharing.

Jimmie said...

Oh Stacey, how precious is that little shoe!! Makes me wish I had a pair that I could actually wear. Any chance that you'll produce a pattern for this pincushion?

Thanks,

Diane in North Carolina

Stacey said...

Thank you all so much for taking the time to stop by ~~~ Yes, the wee shoe will be a pattern!