A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Thursday, March 31, 2016

EHAG, The Goode Wife Way


I'm so excited and so honored to post my first EHAG offering. 
I loved doing this so much, 
that I have my next offering all sketched out and notes taken.



My Hedgewitch Crow takes me back,
nearly twenty years ago.
 Stolen afternoons, 
sitting in the kitchen of an 1812 home. 
I would sketch away as the sun streamed through the bubbled
 and wavy glass that was original to the house. 
On cloudy days, 
I would draw by candlelight.

It was when history came alive for me.
Spurred on by my friend and mentor...
we would giggle and laugh about Halloween done right.

Not the horror shows with blood and gore..
But one with a wink and a nod to days gone by.


The old cemeteries of New England were our inspire. 
Some afternoons were spent among the tombstones and reading epitaphs...taking notes.

And so tonight, 
as EHAG opens,
I am honoring that time in my life,
and all the dearness that it held.
I'm back home and dancing in those memories.

My Hedgewitch Crow is a wink and a nod to the 1700's.
In one arm, 
one of my wire baskets with Sweet Annie,
 preserved from my garden.
On her waist, 
a bottle filled with moss and roots. 
(dried and preserved)
A healer in crow form
in Fraktur inspired profile.
 She stands on a wooden base, 
and has fabric boots laced up,
under her chemise.

You can click on any photo to take you to EHAG, where she is offered, along with the works of other Halloween Artisans~

Enjoy!






3 comments:

Lady Linda said...

You just took me somewhere with your lovely words. How fun. I enjoyed this post very much. It's always fun to stop by and see what you are doing.

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

She is gorgeous Stacey!

Anonymous said...

Love your Hedgewitch Crow! The details are wonderful, from her clothing to her accessories. Alas! By the time I got there, she had already disappeared (just like a hedge witch!)... I can tell you are getting great joy and satisfaction with your "new" past pursuits…Enjoy the dance!