A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Hunger of an Artist


I know that I am different. I feel the hunger 24/7... to create...to design....to feed my soul. That is what it truly is about...feeding your soul. You push yourself to do better within your art. Step it up; compete within yourself ~ always striving for better. We live for those artistic "AHA" moments.

I've had this lovely tintype for quite a few years now, but somehow, I lost her. She wasn't with my other collection that I had carefully packed and moved with me a couple years ago. Yesterday, she found me...after months of searching as I packed my belongings for my moved to Curry Road, I had not seen her and thought her lost. Alas.. I opened my Punch Needle box to start working on new patterns.. and there she was, hidden and nestled in the box. It is not good to pack when you are grieving, I have learned. This was one of the first things that I had packed a couple years ago. 

I love this picture, as I do all of my old tintypes and cabinet cards. They are not related to me, but they have a home here and I often wonder about their lives. They are not forgotten.....

Wish me luck.. I'm pushing my comfort zone with my next project and this is the inspire.....

1 comment:

Createology said...

Feeding your soul with creating is truly a blessing. So happy you found your beautiful tintype. I look forward to your next project. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...