A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Sunday, November 16, 2008

Such A Busy Time of The Year

The Holidays are fast approaching and I have two more shows to do before the year ends. We have been having some work done on the house and chimneys for winter. This year, we will be burning wood once again. It's been quite a few years since we have done that, other than if the power has gone out. It's a comfort to me, there is nothing better than a warm fire on a snowy winter's eve. It's going back a bit, to a simpler time even if it's just the simpler time of my growing years. We are also preparing for something new at the house. I won't share until it's on it's way, but my heart smiles with it!

TDIPT has opened for the 15th and I have had fun with the White Christmas Theme. I love a mix of tones and textures, so this was great fun for the artist in me. I'm loving the little mice too~ they are so real looking. I love Miss Whisper, she was inspired by our own Miss Maddie. For me, Art does imitate life with so many of the critters that I do. I am certainly thankful to all of you that enjoy , encourage and inspire me to do what I love, even in these rough days we have had with the economy. As we come to Thanksgiving, I know how much I have to be Thankful for, but for some the days are darker. We are doing what we can here to give, be it an odd job, a hot meal and even a home. Just wait until the next post and you see our newest family member.

2 comments:

Baggaraggs: said...

I do so much love your things. robin of the Baggaraggs. If you have time could you convo me and tell me how to get music on my blog?

Lisa Johnson said...

I love Jake...too too cute! I saw him in my front yard this morning with a whole bunch more.