A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Friday, March 15, 2019

Navigating



Amy is looking for a home. 

Early Work Mercantile 
opened last night.
There are still wonderful pieces that I have available. 
This is Amy.
She is named after
one of the Little Women~
I always loved her 
insight.
" You don't need scores of suitors,
you need only one, if he's the right one."

A favorite quote of mine,
that I have often repeated to my daughters as they have grown up.


To say that I got involved in her dress,
is an understatement.
I had this pictured in my head for years now.
I attack my sewing simply
with an elegance to it...
and this was anything but simple.
I was able to get it,
driven by my desire to 
challenge myself.
It took some time. 
....and it was 
so very worth it.


Our Starling colony has
been arriving
as Spring
creeps in...


looking for homes!

And what says,
Spring is coming
as much as sheep?
The wee ones 
are arriving!


 Witch in white is still available.

I love pieces that 
I can tuck
in the dollhouse 
or 
hang on a cupboard door.
these are a perfect size.
of course...
Halloween does live in this house
year round.



....and with it a new 
mousel.

The Moss Witch of County Cork
is still available at EHAG

Mousies are an ever 
source of 
inspiration...


A friend
nudged me about 
adding more mushrooms
this year.
It's been a while...
These are inspired by the ceramic ones.
that my Dad
and I would make 
and sell to Vermont Shoppes
when I was 
a teen.


 As you can tell,
I have been deep 
in creating...
and for me as an Artist,
it is because a part of me needs
to escape
life at the moment
and create a balance
within.


Our family
is suddenly faced
with a member
that has a health crisis.

It has knocked the wind 
out of our sails 
at the moment...

"In Her Widow's Weeds" is still available.

and
I will be sharing
when it is decided to be shared.
Right now,
we are all
just navigating
the start of 
this journey.

7 comments:

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Your wee creations are exquisite. I am sorry about the health crisis. May creating soothe your soul.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Such amazing creations...as always.... No sense in trying to pick a favorite....but such an awesome fair accompli with Amy’s stunning dress. Keeping you and your family in thought and prayer as you face this new challenge. Ours have weathered so many, and I know the feelings and fears too well. Hugs ~ Robin

The Cinnamon Stick said...

Prayers being said for your family...prayers work miracles and they bind us together. Your workmanship, creativity is beyond measure Stacey. Much older than you but you always inspire me to my very best.

Stacie Dale said...

Hello! My name is Stacie Dale and I have had a hand painted keepsake chest business for 22 years but recently opened a home furnishings and gift store with my mother in Chester County, PA. Our store, Sweet Sparrow Farm, focuses on 18th century reproductions and folk art. Do you sell your beautiful dolls? I just love the mouse on the pumpkin and "In Her Widow's Weeds". Please email me at info@staciedaledesigns.com and let me know if they are available . I think they're the perfect fir for our store. Many thanks. - Stacie

Daška said...

Sledu ji Vaše panenky a líbí se mi. Přeji pohodu a zdraví!! Bude líp!!
Daška

Anonymous said...

Hi, I fell in love with the picture of your Skelly Lady... do you have a finished picture of her?
You can reach me at Forestgnome65@yahoo.com
Thank you. ��

Anonymous said...

Hi, I fell in love with your Skelly Lady picture. Do you have any more pics of her? You can reach me at Forestgnome65@yahoo.com
Thank you. ��