A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Sunday, April 15, 2018

The Magic of Circles


The day is damp at the cottage 
and there is a chill in the air.
Outside the rain has stopped for now
and it is slowly warming up...
allowing the thin layer of ice 
to melt away.



Inside, it is dark.
A light or two
and a couple candles
make a warm glow.

As I sip my tea, 
my memories float about.
Days like this, 
spent with both parents
are treasures now.

I would make us tea.
A spoon of sugar for my Mom,
a dash of cream for my Father.
I would have both
and he would chide me...
"That is the Welsh in you"
I smile now,
as my last name 
is Walsh.
My husband, 
a proud Irish Man
with the last name
meaning
Welsh.


Funny,
the circles
that come round
in life.

I am 
enjoying clay works
more and more.
I worked in clay
quite a bit growing up.
Minature mice were
a favorite subject.
I have one piece that I saved...
but,
I wonder if the others 
are still treasured
 among friends and family.

My wee friend 
Pip Squeak
is also 
a circle 
come round.
A blend of then and now
and I am ecstatic
for adding textiles
to my now.

I have always loved cloth.
Colors, pattern, 
and textures call
my heart.
The world of Dollmaking 
opened my eyes
and I know I am exactly
 where I belong.



Both of my pieces 
for 
bring 
the memories
of past works
and 
connect to the present
technical abilities,
 that I am still 
learning and exploring.



Life certainly circles
beautifully
in 
wonderful ways.
It is when you sit back
and really see
what has come around,
that 
you realize
that magic
has happened.



No comments: