A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Yankee Snow


Today we have been given snow.
It seems to be a good old fashioned, Yankee Winter. A school friend and I were talking today and reminiscing....circa, winter 1977.
Sleds and toboggans, sunrise to sunset.
Hot chocolate with milk taken right from the barn vat,
Mountains dressed in white.

Today's snow is a pretty one, each flake taking it's time....not in a hurry, like the last snowfall....

And so, my afternoon has taken suit. A candle glow day, that brings a warm, yellow light as the sun begins to fade.

Michael Lucarelli plays classical guitar for me, adding a coziness and a familiarity to days gone by.

The "big sauce" simmers and wraps the house in Sunday afternoons at my Grandmother's. 

                        Tiny stitches made with love are bringing Wee Miss Belle to life.
She is a little different for me and I am enjoying each step of the way.

I love days such as this.

2 comments:

Lady Locust said...

I wouldn't mind all the snow if I could stay home, eat stew, & stitch. We went and saw the Gothard Sisters in concert last night. They were fantastic. We ended up with all 3 CDs:)
Happy tuesday.

Olivia said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely thoughts. They have warmed my heart. Wee Miss Belle is looking lovely. I can't wait to see her all finished up.