A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Saturday, July 15, 2017

Smoosh Magic


There is something about clay
that I truly love.
while I may sit down and think...
I'm making a 
Pumpkin Ladye today-
in smooshing the clay around a bit, 
magic can happen instantly.

You see, 
the clay tore a bit at her mouth~
and suddenly her spirit emerged.

Perfect for my Early Work Mercantile 
offering!


When bringing her to life, 
I had a conversation earlier with a friend~
and old cabinet cards.
Sepia....

so what can be more Prim
 than 
a brown Pumpkin???

She is truly a favorite ~ so dainty and delicate.


Smoosh Magic happened once again...
as I thought "rabbit"
and played around with the muzzle~
Smoosh Magic..


My Adirondack heart
came through
in one of my most unusual 
Ladyes.


I fell in love
every
step
of
the
way.


As we enjoy 
getting out
here and there...
and putting together our vision of 
The Goode Wife
for 
in September~


the
Smoosh Magic
continues....

And when my hands are not 
in clay~

they are making magic stitches.



This one of a kind,
Sleepy Mouse
is 
napping on a flocked damask
Witche's Shoe.
(She's still 
available on 

While it may seem 
quiet around here,
it isn't really.

It's magical.

3 comments:

Debs DIY Recipes and Graphics said...

Love all your goodies , but those skeletons are awesome ! Wish I had your talent .

thearttramp said...

You know how much I love you and your creations as well as cherishing our friendship. Those skulls are so wonderful....no bones about it! And THAT SHOE! Continued success and blessing to you.
Hugs, David a.k.a. The Art Tramp

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey, do you still offer any of your skeleton pieces or patterns? Very interested!

Thank you,
Michael Savaria
Forestgnome65@yahoo.com