A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Thursday, June 15, 2017

Changes


It's been a whirlwind year.
The Winter crud season was a kick in the pants...
and I was not prepared
for the recovery time 
of my surgeries....
then, this happened.


We gathered with our children, 
siblings, 
their families 
and
 a few close friends.
It was a beautiful day for a wedding
a Celtic Handfasting~
I am now,
 Mrs. Walsh.
It still looks strange in print...
but I love 
when all of my Sister In Laws 
call me that as get together.


I have been fast at work,
creating for 

and...

Starting this month 
on
I will be creating a Halloween piece, 
every month.


Meet Tillie~
my newest mousel design.
She is so sweet ~
 with her pert,
upturned nose.
( She is inspired by Amy of Little Women)


The wedding inspired this sweet pinkeep
and I LOVE it!
A fairy mouse, fast asleep
atop
a wee box
with a meadow
painted on it....


I also revisited
Pip~

She always makes me smile...
and I had to revisit
more mushrooms.



In it all... 
it has been a bit crazy.
Lots of new things happening this year~
I have decided on another 
change.
One that I have wanted to do for quite a few years.
I think that it is nearly time.
That change is scheduled for for 2018~
Keep watching....

6 comments:

Simply Tattered said...

Congratulations on your wedding, may you have many years of happiness!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Congratulations!!!

Lee Strobridge said...

Love love love sleepy mouse! Is she for sale?
So glad you are coming to Chelsea in the fall!
Mouse hugs, Lee

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I also want to ask if you have ever made a pattern for Pip. I think she is wonderful. I made so many witch rats from your pattern and gave them to cancer patients that were receiving chemo with my neice. I referenced your blog, but doubt than anyone sews. They were a huge hit and received with gratitude.
xx, Carol

Lucy said...

The happening of their handfast was heartfelt and very, very special. It was a pleasure to be a part of the day. Blessings and wishes to you to have many more years together.

Lucy

Stacey said...

Thank you so much everyone! we thought the day would never come over the years...but all goode things fall into place exactly when they should!

Lucy~
You are so dear to both of us... I look back on our friendship journey and realize that time has moved in a blink! Miss you lots and I was so very glad to have you a part of our celebration!

Carol~
The mice and those things that require a lot of fussy stitching including sculpting are collectors items. As I made this bunch of mice, I thought to myself, more than once...."if anyone ever really knew just how much work was involved...." Smiles! They are quite inviled but I like that kind of work! I am soooo glad to know that the wee fuzzy witches went to such brave fighters! The love put into the creating brought magic, I'm sure!

Lee~ The sleepy mouse is still available tonight. There is a link on the sidebar that will take you to Early Work....I am so excited for the show! Do say hello!!!


OXOXOX

Stacey