A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Monday, November 21, 2016

Echos




Where is your head lass,
 when you are stitchin?

It is in a time long ago...
in my mind today,
 Tis Downton Abbey that captures me.
Not upstairs...
nay, 
but down.


Not just Downton~
but 
actually more
Hildene...
Robert Todd Lincoln's
estate.
My Great Grandparent's served him
in his fields and house.

The maids and kitchen staff a flutter
 and at the table,
a young maid quickly makes
 tiny repair stitches. 
Her pins on a pinkeep 
made of scrap. 
Perhaps pieces of a uniform, 
long retired from it's obvious task?

I wouldn't be able to create 
in that time.
Life would have been spent with many more needful duties,
and 
creating would have been made in small, 
stolen moments.

I wonder sometimes if my heart held memories, 
over years greater than I.
Could the stars and heavens
 have kept glimpses 
of another era
reflecting
that heart?

7 comments:

LindaB. said...

Lovely....

Anonymous said...

Lovely. Just lovely.

Stacey said...

Thank you Linda and Nancy~ Especially for stopping by to visit my little corner of the world. <3

Stacey

Debra said...

Beautifully stated.

Stacey said...

Thank you Debra~

<3

Lauretta Jackson said...

Can you tell me about the beautiful background music on your blog? It is so beautiful and soothing.

Stacey said...

Thank you for stopping by Lauretta~

The music is indeed beautiful. If you scroll down to the bottom, you will find the video and can see more of the Gothard Sisters. They are truly magical! Quite a few readers have purchased their CD after hearing them here and I am so happy that they have! I wish they lived on the East Coast, I would love to see them.

Stacey