A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Reflection of My Heart



It's snowing again... or perhaps the better word is, "still".
I won't complain, it is so very pretty out and it's not bitter cold, either.
I love the smell of a fire in the wood stove. 
Ours is in the basement, it keeps the floors warm and all of us cozy.


I started sculpting my fine ladye horse last week.
She is my heart.....
I have loved horses for as long as I can remember.

 A freckle faced kid, chasing my father around and  for one. 

I never had one of my own, but I did spend my teen years beside them....
riding, enjoying and always sketching.

Enjoying the smells of a stable and all of that leather.
heavenly.....


It was just a matter of time before horses would creep into my sculpting.

I wasn't sure I was ready, but with a deep breath I dug into the clay, determined.

I can't tell you how surprised I am at how she came out.....every step of the way. 
I am awestruck at my own ability.
It was magic, I am sure of it.

I know, the man that was always my greatest champion in life and artwork is up above and always watching. 
Always critiquing and pushing me to do better; learn more.
(I'm still learning with these Queen Anne inspired.)

Before he went home, he asked that I show the world all that I do, not just the Primitive dolls.
 I can't help but think that he had a hand in this...
a little magic, he would say.

Mariah is available on Early Work Mercantile.


4 comments:

The Cinnamon Stick said...

I believe in your divine help from above...where else could such magic come from in those nimble fingers of yours! You are blessed! XO

agnès said...

J'aime beaucoup!

Leanne E said...

She is gorgeous indeed!!!

Julie said...

WOW! She is gorgeous. I love that face. PERFECTION.