A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Saturday, August 3, 2013

Wicked Goode



Years ago, just after my youngest was born, I had asked around as to how to cast chalkware. I grew up with ceramics and clay, so it was another avenue. I was not a stranger to casting and mold making, but this would be a different process to what I knew. I was fortunate to learn a bit from a friend and have dabbled in it here and there. I want it my way though...a little different technique in finishing. I know what I want the final pieces to look like in my head...now to execute it. The best things come slowly, right? It has been a very busy year, so it is stolen time here and there that adds up. With faith and tenacity pieces come to fruition. Sculpting is much easier on my hand as is drawing. While they have been constant mediums for many years, I still love Primitive design and dolls. Now to balance them all in the best way~ You do what you love, right? Even if it is more than one medium.


All in good time though... there is so much to do as I gear up for local shows with new designs and complete the orders that have been a steady blessing.
* Don't you LOVE the box lid? It's from Pam Dervarits of Our Pioneer Homestead. I LOVE her work and there is a link to her blog on my sidebar.


Willow made a reappearance on Simply Primitives. A little bigger and a few changes (time always changes your perspective and so revisiting and adjusting can be fun). She was adopted right away!

On Olde Primitive Peddler, this guy was a hit. He is also spoken for  and one of those pieces that touched a lot of hearts. You never know...as much as he touched mine, the feedback was amazing.


And finally~ Sullivan & Co. There is something so fun with wire spiders. He is not spoken for yet, but he will find exactly where he is supposed to go when the time is right.

Welcome to my August...while some are still thinking Summer, I'm thinking that it's gonna be a Wicked Goode Fall!

5 comments:

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

We can tell how much you enjoy creating! Love all your new goodies.

Debbie Johnson said...

I do so love your creations and reading your posts!

Debbie Johnson said...

I love your creations and your posts! Thank you!!

Unknown said...

I love so much all your creations!

Louisette said...

Lovely créations. greeting from Belgium