A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Pinch Me Moment ~



A few months ago, friend and customer; Vicky Huckaby wrote and told me that her home would be featured in Country Magazine. How wonderful is that? I can't imagine what a thrill....I wouldn't even make it in "Where Women Create" because the Wee Cottage can often look like a mad Scientist is at work......

Anyways, she asked if she might make one of my patterns up for a give away through Country Sampler.... "well, sure!" was my reply.  She said that they would post a link to my blog ~ how nice is that? Well, to say that I have been blown away by it all is an understatement.  Vicky sent a picture of the finished piece and she did a BEAUTIFUL job. I couldn't wait to see her home in print and was thankful for how nice she was to make sure that I got a hurrah and credit.


Didn't she do a lovely job with the Herb Crow Ladye? You can stop by here and sign up to win her! I couldn't wait to get a copy, to see everything. I had heard through some Facebook and Primitive loving friends, that the issue was well done. I was prepared to get some pattern orders and amazed as they started pouring in.....

It truly is a "pinch me" moment to see your designs published. It always shakes me up...always. It is nothing short of magical...

What I wasn't prepared for however...was this....


Rachael Crow! In another persons home!... and to put me over the edge in disbelief.....


Baxter! There are  THREE different Raven's Haven designs in three different homes!

Holy Macaroni and Cheese!

so now what do I do??? 

Well, Baxter has not been for sale for a couple years, so I brought him back along with all my Lab patterns and listed them once again. This time on  Etsy
You can use the Etsy link or the Raven's Haven logo above ans see them under "Goode Doggies.



Baxter



Bailey



Clancey


Fat Lab


Lab Folk

and...


Lab Ornies


Now they are all together and joining their friends in my little Etsy Shop.

I'm amazed and so very thankful for all the goode that has come my way from Vicky. I could have never imagined that I would ever see more than one design in a magazine feature, let alone three.
I am thankful for the gift of Vicky...

Pinch me....



7 comments:

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Stacey - it only stands to reason that every good Prim or Folk Art home will have at least one of your creations in it! Your patterns are the best!
Congrats on being featured so much. When I saw the crow in the Country Sampler last week I KNEW it was yours!

Unknown said...

Woooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooo!!! Pom poms raised high and cheering!! Enjoy every pinchy moment~ You so deserve the spotlight!

Deb said...

I echo what Wendy said Stacey, what sensible folk loving person wouldn't have one of your wonderful creations in their home? Congrats on the good fortune, it is most well deserved. And thank you for introducing me to The Gothard Sisters, they are amazing!

The Cinnamon Stick said...

I know you think of this as a Pinch Me moment...but I think of it as "kudos" well deserved...for someone who works so hard at her art. Looking forward to the magazine!!

Janie said...

So thrilled for you and I say "it's about time" you get national recognition for your work. I am not an artist, but an ardent supporter and have watched your work for years. You have entertained me, amazed me and touched my heart with your creativity.
You are such an accomplished artist that it shines through in your work every time we see it somewhere.

Well deserved blessings to you!

Janie P

Unknown said...

Karma! The universe is at work! Feeling well chuffed for you and the recognition must feel wonderful!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Congratulations!!! You should be very proud and very honored to see your designs displayed ~ you truly are a talented artist!!!
Very Happy for You!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin