A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Sunday, April 22, 2012

Wrapping Up In Cozy


So far, Spring has been warm...Summerlike at times and dry. Then, yesterday afternoon, the rains came. Today is damp, raw and overcast. Downright dreary. After running errands, I settled into the afternoon. A sauce simmers on the kitchen stove for dinner, the light shining through to the living room is more of a glow. Warm and cheery.


As dreary as it is outside, inside is so much different. Armed with a cup of peppermint tea to keep the dampness at bay, I pulled out yesterday's shopping booty. Oh how colorful! And who quickly snuggled in, but a wee mousel!


A young friend had asked recently if I believed in fairies...Oh yes, I have always believed and held them close to heart. I have tiny clay sculptures of gnomes and even of a mermaid....done long ago. I was just a lass, about the age of my young friend. 


I love my little Spring garden of violets and Lilies of the Valley. There are solar lights and lanterns about, perfect to dance under the moonlight. Every so often....if we are very, very lucky, we will find a fairy ring of mushrooms in the yard. Oh yes, I still do believe and keep a place for them to stay.


 I am making my new friend, a wee fairy mousel...but before I really begin with fabrics that I am not sure of, my little mousel here will help me along. It seems also that there is also another wee mousel that has seen the fabrics and has a request for a dress and tiara. I think those mousels are ganging up on me.....

5 comments:

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

It sounds sweet and cozy at your house. The rain is coming down hard here today. We are snuggled in too, with real mousels. We apparently have an intruder, head mouser cat has been on alert and staring at a closed door since last night. We do have fairies and mousies running around!
I wonder what yours will look like.

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Fairy mousels...how delightful!
We've a strong possibility of snow here today.All the lovely blossoms shall be covered in white.
Susan x

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

A good day for tea and soup and a nap under a quilt. Ok...so that only happens in my imagination. hee,hee,hee.

Two Mile Creek Primitives said...

I'm working on my fall /Halloween stuff so I get enough done. It's as cold as fall out side for sure. I had to pop in here and see what issue your glovies were in. I made some for last fall.. I put a rolled up grungy piece of paper in it with the words Spells printed across the top. added a stained cream satin bow around the wrist.. SOO cool!!!!! OK I see what Mag I am looking for.. OFF to try to find it!!! THANK-YOU SO MUCH STACEY!!!

The crafty French Housewife said...

Have just fallen in love with your blog!! :)